Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ava - Birthday Card

Just a quick post to show off a Birthday Card I made for my Grandmother a couple of days ago. I used some more of that beautiful paper Juliana sent me by GCD Studios - Ava. I've been dying to make some of those roses I see everywhere using th 5 or 6 petal flowers, so this is what I came up with:
 I cut apart one of my Prima Say it in Pearls to add the swirlies and three dots under the greeting.  The flowers were dressed up with a little Stickles and then covered entirely with Glossy Accents to give them an epoxy look. The leaves were some leftovers from a friends wedding flowers just hot glued beneath. I just love how rich these flowers look with that added shine.
 I used one of my Stampin' Up sets which had been long neglected for the sentiment.  I keep promising myself that I'm going to start stamping more, but have yet to find the motivation to do so. So I figure baby steps..LOL!!
  I hope my Grandma doesn't see this post before she gets this card, but I just had to share it as it has been so long since I have posted anything and didn't want everyone to forget I exist.

Supplies:

Patterned Paper - GCD Studios Ava, Glitter - Ranger Distressed Stickles, Swirls & Dots - Prima Say it in Pearls, Cricut Cart - Storybook, Sentiment - Stampin' Up, Cardstock - Unknown

3 comments:

Anne said...

I just love bothe the Santa card and the birthday card. I know your Grandma will appreciate the effort you put into it . I think the paper is gorgeous and the roses really set it off. How are your Christmas cards coming? Hope I get one LOL

mustangkayla said...

Wow...pretty card! Those flowers are beautiful!

Tracy said...

I love this card. The paper and bling you chose are perfect. Those flowers you made look fabulous! Wanna make me some?...