Monday, August 24, 2009

For the Birds

One of the things that we enjoy most about having the garden is the many visitors we get each season. There are so many birds, bugs and small furry creatures that visit us and often I never think to pull out the camera.
These beautiful birds were photographed by my son, Tristan while we were sitting enjoying a warm summer afternoon on the patio. The males had such intense yellow color, but were much more skittish than the females and therefore difficult to photograph.


I wanted to be sure that I existed along with the rest of the family in photo albums and also on my own blog so I took this self portrait of Isa and I to be sure of it. No makeup, and hair just washed and blow dried, but for a mother of three with a part time husband I think I look pretty good. These days 5 hours of sleep is a good night. But my days are much more relaxed now that I'm not working, and I find that I wake feeling much more rested even with the night feedings than I did when I had to wake up to that 5am alarm.


At 2 1/2 months, Isabelle weighs almost 12 lbs now! I can't believe how quickly she's growing. Next to Tristan and Felicity, she still looks so small, but I know it won't be long before she becomes a little girl so I spend long moments throughout the day just looking at her. Trying to memorize what it feels like to hold this precious baby in my arms. Knowing that it will be some time (I hope!) before grandchildren.
I'm trying to work on a mini album about the changes in the last year or so. One of the blogs that I read 'A Spoon Full of Sugar' http://www.jessicaacs.com/ is hosting a mini album challenge each month. This month features 2 choices; a simple shape album, or one that focuses on change. With so much having happened in recent months, I felt the latter would be simple. The project is due end of September, so we'll see if I can make that deadline. I only get moments in the day to myself and find myself catching up on the computer at night. But I've already sketched the layouts and shopped for the paper and embellishments, so I'm hopeful.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Nice photo I am trying to print this one for myself