Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year



  For my last post in 2009 I wanted to complete a layout I'd been working on the past couple of days (I get to scrapbook in 5min intervals due to the demands of my 7 month old).  I normally put the focus of the layout on the photos, but in this case it was more about playing with shapes.  I dragged out my Creative Memories shape cutters to create the hexagons which I placed in a circle to mimic the snowflakes cut using my Winter Woodland Cricut cartridge.  The blue and white by itself felt a little flat, so I added silver embossing to the edge of the hexagons and a couple of rinestone gems for a little sparkle.  While digging out the embossing powder I tripped on my acrylic paint, so I decided to dust them off and paint a chipboard snowflake from Stampin Up that had been hiding in my stash for some time.
  I really loved working with these photos as it reminds me of a time when my family all still lived here together.  Now that we are so spread apart the importance of capturing memories such as these has become far more apparent.  We always take for granted that what we are blessed with today with still be here tomorow.  As I enter the New Year, I want to take a moment to reflect on the treasured memories of the year past and be grateful for all that I've had.  As for the next year, my number one resolution is to live more in the moment and appreciate what is here right in front of me while I have the luxury of doing so.

4 comments:

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Happy New Year Glynis!
Love that LO and how you arranged the photos in the shape of a snowflake too!

alexandra s.m. said...

Darling Page Glynis! and your words ring so true to me! TFS!

Kristina said...

beautiful, you've really captured that snow-y feeling.

Lulu said...

That's a beautiful page :)